The diabetology unit is composed of two Swiss Medical Association specialists in diabetology and endocrinology, a Swiss Medical Association specialist in internal medicine and nutrition and a team of dietitians.
Diabetes is a progressive disease characterized by an abnormally high level of sugar in the blood. In the long term, large and small veines can be affected, leading to complications.
Prevention and screening are essentialbecause many people have diabetes and don't know it, because they show no symptoms.
Screening should begin at the age of 45, or earlier, if there are risk factors. The goal is to diagnose this illness as soon as possible, in order to treat it and prevent or delay the appearance of complications.
Comprehensive treatment of diabetes at Clinique La Prairie involves the following:
- general information about the illness and on managing it on a daily basis
- discussions and suggestions on appropriate diet
- evaluation, introduction or modification of treatment for diabetes
- instruction on how to do self-testing and injections
- evaluation and review of potential complications and their treatment
- gestational diabetes: treatment of patients suffering from diabetes during their pregnancy
Additional services are provided, such as the treatment of obesity by a Swiss Medical Association physician specializing in nutrition and obesity, as well as by our dietitians.